Sunday, February 6, 2011

Snowed in...

This past week has been quite out of the norm for Dallas/Fort Worth. We temperatures last weekend in the 80's then by early Tuesday they were below freezing and rain followed by ice/snow moved in. The entire Metroplex pretty much shut down. Temperatures never got above freezing until Saturday Morning. Jason was much braver than I was as he was able to venture into the office every day. At my office, it is a bit more relaxed and they said to not risk it. Something about me being pregnant played into it as well as it is just not worth the risk of wrecking your car to be present in the office. The first day it was nice just laying around the house and remoting into my work computer every once in a while. The second day I had to get out of the house, so I ventured to the grocery store. My pregnancy brain took full effect as I forgot one of the main ingredients in what I was going to make (I was able to come up with a creative solution though). The third day was just down right boring but we were able to get out for dinner. I was hoping to go in on Friday, but over night we ended up getting another 6 inches of snow, making the roads even worse. At this point I had searched every website I could think of as well as watch about all I could of day time television, so it was time to get creative.... I channeled my inner "LuAnn" and decided to get crafty! Many of you have seen or been the recipients of one of my signs, but I had not yet made one for the newest member of the Kime family. No, not Jr. Crawley...but rather my cousin Tracy's baby boy to be, Braydon. He is expected to make his appearance in early March  so that got me thinking of ideas for a sign for him. While looking at pictures of the nursery, I came up with the perfect idea. Rather than describe it, I will just show you (I couldn't wait and surprise her, so it's no secret!):


I think Sammy has enjoyed me being home with him this past week. I don't think I disrupted his sleeping schedule too much! Last night he was cuddling up with me and had a very funny face going on. Jason was able to capture it so I wanted to share with everyone. When we were done taking pictures, I touched his tongue and it was completely dried out! Funny cat...

Last, but certainly not least, here is the latest pregnancy photo. This was the first time since Monday that I would say I had on "real" clothes. My wardrobe had consisted mainly of pajama pants/sweatpants and sweatshirts! Here I am at 15 weeks:

Hopefully this coming week will be much nicer. I am actually looking forward to getting back to work! Have a wonderful week!

No comments:

Post a Comment