Saturday, April 9, 2011

What a week? I'm glad to have this one in the rear view mirror.

Texas Water Conference
On Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday, I was busy with the Texas Water Conference in Fort Worth.  On Tuesday, I participated in the Water Environment Association of Texas (WEAT) Board Meeting where I was appointed as the Young Professionals Chair.  With the new position comes added responsibility.  I now have a vote on the board so I feel an added sense of ownership to drive the Texas Water and Wastewater Industry in the right direction.  On Wednesday, I ran the WEAT Student Design Competition, moderated our Young Professionals technical presentations and hosted the Young Professionals reception.  Then on Thursday, I helped to judge a safety event where wastewater treatment plant operators from around the state compete in a drill that simulates the rescue an unconscious comrade in a manhole.  Needless to say, I was a little worn out from all the conference activity.  I'm sure glad that it was in Fort Worth this year because on Friday, I took the PE exam.

PE Exam
The exam was held at the Will Rogers Center in Fort Worth.  On a normal day, that is about 45 minutes from the house, but I was worried that I might run into gridlock traffic on the way so I arrived over an hour early.  I didn't run into any traffic, but it never hurts to be prepared. When I was there, I saw several Tech grads that were from my graduating class.  They all seem to be doing well and it's fun to see what everyone is up to these days.  I'm sure thankful to have the exam behind me because I was getting pretty sick of studying.  Now let's hope that I passed.  I'm pretty optimistic about it, but the pass rate is generally between 55 and 60% so I won't feel better until I get the official word.

Saturday
On Saturday, I went for a bike ride with Kevin out at Lake Grapevine.  It wasn't very busy, which was surprising because the weather was almost perfect.  The trees are all getting pretty lush and that makes for a pretty ride.  Although the ride was great, it wasn't 100% clean.  At one point, I got into a mud pit.  It caused me to lose my momentum and I was having a little trouble unclipping from the pedal.  I thought I was about to go for a mud bath, but I unclipped just in time to catch myself.  After cleaning up, Rachel and I went by RunOn!  I signed up for a running class.  This will be my first class since I started studying in January.  Since I haven't been as active lately, I have started to fill out my britches so I will be excited to get back out and trim back down.  We also went by Sherwin Williams to pick out some paint for the baby's room.  We decided to paint her room yellow.  We took the bedding with us so that we could find something that would match it.  The color we picked out is called June Day.  Take a look below:


Painting her room will be next weekend's task.

Baby Life
Recently, I've been able to feel her moving around in Rachel's belly.  This has been a new fun activity for us in the evenings.  As for Rachel, she is still doing as great as she has been all along.  Take a look below at the Week 24 photo.



As I wright this post, Sammy has started taking a nap and has apparently gotten hot.  Take a look below.

1 comment:

  1. I bet you did great on the PE exam, Jason. You always do! Did you notice your "wright" typo? LOL.
    Rach, lookin' cute as ever! Miss y'all!
    Mallory

    ReplyDelete